The last meeting that held last week between Asuu and the federal government to resolve and bring an end to the ongoing strike ended in some sort of compromise as the federal government offered N65 billion to asuu plus N15 billion revitalization fund so that asuu can put an end to the strike .
However Asuu has refused to budge as they insists that every of their demands must be met before they end the strike.
Recents reports has indicated that asuu has decided to put up some sort of poll to Nigerian Universities to choose if they want the union to accept federal government’s offer or not.
The results of the poll was stated in a series of tweets on their official twitter handle.
They also indicated that zonal chapters of asuu will meet this week to review the union’s ongoing strike.
“So far the following Universities has taken their stance on the issue”, some have indicated that they want asuu to accept the offer while others wants the offer to be rejected.
1. University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) rejected the offer
2. Federal University Packs rejected the offer
3. Federal University Dutsin-ma Accepted the offer.
4. Michael Okpara University accepted the offer.
5. University of Maiduguri accepted the offer.
6. Benue State University rejected the offer.
7. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) accepted the offer
8. Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) accepted the offer.
9. Umaru Musa Yaradua University accepted the offer.
10. University of Calabar accepted the offer
11. University of Ilorin accepted the offer.
12. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology accepted the offer.
13. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) rejected the offer.
14. Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) accepted the offer.
What do you think?
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in